3. CONDITIONS OF USE
By using or visiting the eagle-i website, you understand and agree:
- That while eagle-i facilitates the finding and identification of research resources, eagle-i neither monitors nor takes any part in the transfer of such resources, such transactions to be governed solely by mutual agreement among the parties to the transfer;
- That eagle-i, through its consortium and governing policies, under its discretion, may restrict or terminate access to the website by users without notice;
- Not to post, display or describe research resources or other content for commercial purposes
- Not to alter or modify the website or its underlying metadata;
- Not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or “data scrapers” that access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the eagle-i servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line browser, except that automated systems enabled by eagle-i for eagle-i purposes shall be permitted;
- Not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their resources or content;
- Not to copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the eagle-i site unless authorized by the rights holders;
- Not to harvest or otherwise collect personal information about users through the eagle-i site without their consent;
- Not to distribute spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Not to install any software that interferes with the integrity of the eagle-i website
- That when using eagle-i, you will be able to find or identify research resources and associated content from a variety of sources. You understand that when using the Service, eagle-i is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or related to such research resources.
- That eagle-i does not warrant, guarantee, or endorse any particular research resource viewed or accessed through the website;
- Not to submit research resources or content through eagle-i that infringes intellectual property rights unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the resources or content.
4. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) by providing us with information related to the alleged infringement in writing: Send to .
The notice shall include:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the eagle-i website;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate
5. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EAGLE-I ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THESE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. EAGLE-I MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR OF THE CONTENT POSTED ON THIS SITE OR OF SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF DESCRIPTIONS OF RESEARCH RESOURCES OR ASSOCIATED CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM USER ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE EAGLE-I WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE EAGLE-I SERVERS.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL EAGLE-I, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO USERS FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF DESCRIPTIONS OF RESEARCH RESOURCES OR ASSOCIATED CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM USER ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE EAGLE-I WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE EAGLE-I SERVERS.
7. EAGLE-I USES OF USER PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you submit personal information to eagle-i, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of the eagle-i website, including administrative purposes and to facilitate, for research purposes only, the finding and identification of research resources.
eagle-i will not use your personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your express written consent.
8. REPORTS OF ABUSE
eagle-i and the eagle-i Consortium work together to keep our site and service working properly. Please report problems, policy violations, property rights infringements or other concerns to us.